MAVIS DISCOUNT TIRE
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Information You Provide Us. We collect the information you submit to us through the Services, including identifiers such as contact information, name, address and email address; telephone number; vehicle information, such as Vehicle Identification Number, license plate number, and issuing jurisdiction; transaction and billing data, such as credit card or other payment information; information about your interests and preferences; and any other information that you submit to us electronically or offline.
- Device Information. When you access the services through a computer or mobile device, we also may collect some information automatically, including information about your activity on our websites and mobile services, device identifiers, information about your web browser software and version, information about your mobile device carrier and type, location information and, if you arrived at our websites via a link from a third-party website, the URL of the linking page. We also may use standard Internet technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect information about your activities on our websites. The following are examples of types of information that we may collect with these technologies: browser type and operating system; IP address and/or device ID; browsing behavior; and websites you visit before or after our websites. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
- Information From Third Parties. We may combine your personal information with other information in our records, including information that we have obtained about you from publicly and commercially available sources. Additionally, we may collect other information that you allow a third party to provide to us. For example, if you choose to access or use a social networking services, we may receive and store information that you allow us to receive through those services.
- Information We Derive. We may infer or generate information about you based on your interactions with us or other information we collect described above. For example, we collect records of products or services purchased and other commercial information about your interactions with us and products or services likely to be of interest to you.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect about you for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To Operate or Improve Our Business. For example, to provide you the services, products, or other materials you requested and related communications, and to improve the Services and develop new products, and for our analysis and research.
- Advertising and Marketing Purposes. For example, to send you information on promotions or surveys we offer, or information about us and our events.
- Security Purposes. For example, when necessary to help us protect against, identify, or investigate fraud or other criminal activity.
- Legal Purposes. For example, if we have a legal obligation, or need to pursue or defend against legal claims, for which we need to process your information.
- Otherwise with your consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share information about you in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with organizations or individuals that perform functions on our behalf. For example, service providers may process payments for us or may store and process data on our behalf. These service providers are granted access to your personal information for the purpose of performing their functions for us.
-�� Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates.
-�� Legal Matters. We may share your personal information when required by law or as necessary to protect our Services. For instance, to comply with the law or to respond to a legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity; to prevent fraud or to verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; where permitted by law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mavis, or any of our business partners, customers, employees, or others.
-�� Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a third party in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
Cookies, Web Server Data And Other Technologies
Mavis and the third parties we work with use technologies such as web beacons or cookies on our websites to improve user experience on the Services. We also may use these technologies to better understand usage of the Services and to determine which areas of the Services users prefer. In some cases, to provide you better tailored programs and information, we may collect and consolidate your online information and match it with personally identifiable information collected from other third-party resources and programs. We may work with third parties to help us with these activities.
In addition, cookies, web beacons, web server data and other technologies may be used to provide you information and ads that Mavis and the third parties we work with believe may be of interest to you.
- Cookies: Cookie are small data files that are sent from a website and stored on a user's web browser while the user is browsing a website. Cookies serve many functions including but not limited to helping you login (e.g., remembering your user name if you register or login), remembering some of your customized user preferences, helping us better understand how people use the Services, collecting traffic data and to help us improve the Services. With respect to collecting traffic data, we may use third parties to collect such data on our behalf.
Your browser can be set to manage cookies and even reject them. However, by rejecting cookies, your user experience while visiting the Services will not be the same - certain functionalities may be lost and you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Services.
- Web Server Data and Other Technologies: We, along with third parties, also may use other tracking technologies. For example, we may use technologies called beacons (or pixels) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos and emails and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Services and (in conjunction with cookies).
- Do-Not-Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit do not track signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties for your convenience. But that should not be taken as our endorsement or approval of those websites or their content. We do not maintain those third-party websites and are not responsible for the availability, accuracy, or quality of their content. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever about any other website which you may choose to access through the Services. You should review the terms and conditions related to the use of any third-party websites before using them.
Your Choices And Rights To Control Your Information
You may opt out of receiving future commercial email or text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in emails or texts we send you, or by contacting us. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial messages from us during that period. Please note that if you opt out of future text messages, this opt-out list is separate from our email preferences and opt-out lists.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the Services or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving the Services.
You also may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your personal information under applicable laws. These rights apply only in certain circumstances, which means we may be unable (e.g., due to legal requirements) or not obligated to satisfy your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identify before we provide access to or delete your information, such as a government-issued identification. Mavis will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but may not be able to provide you with services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information. To submit requests please call (914) 984-2500 or complete the online form.
How We Protect Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to maintain the protection of the personal information we collect and use through the Services, including through the use of physical, electronic and procedural measures. However, no system for transmitting or storing information electronically can be completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that personal information or other communications will always remain secure.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
How To Contact Us